Terms and conditions
What is Covered by Warranty?
- The Main Unit and the Mattress Pad. The Warranty covers any defects in materials or workmanship in the products under normal use.
How Long is the Warranty?
- Five (5) Year from the documented date of purchase. (From 6 months after the date of manufacture if the purchase date is not available).
What is include in the Warranty service?
- During the first 180 days of documented purchase date, we will repair or replace the products that are defective in either materials or workmanship (parts, labor and delivery back to the customer at our expense)
- During the 5-year warranty, we will repair or replace the products that is defective in either materials or workmanship (parts and labor at our expense, processing and all shipping at customer’s expense), processing and return shipping fees are assessed at $39 for the Main Unit or the Mattress Pad.
- During the warranty, if the repair and replacement options are not available, we will offer partial refund (prorated for remaining warranty months minus $50)
- Start the warranty claim at www.neataquapad.com/warranty
What is NOT covered by Warranty?
- Any problem with the product that is caused by abuse, misuse, operation contrary to or inconsistent with the product manual, or an act of god (such us lightning, flood, fire, tornado, etc.) is not covered.
- Any damage caused by water quality including but not limited to water deposits, lime or mineral build-up is not covered.
- Warranty voided if our inspection finds that the product has been altered, modified, damaged, disassembled, repaired or attempted to be repaired, product label removed or altered.
- Warranty voided: used in commercial operation, improper maintenance, damage due to misuse, acts of god/nature/vandalism/other acts beyond our control, not original owner, bought from un-authorized retailer, dealer or distributor.
- Indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages (any financial loss or personal injuries) are not covered. IN NO EVENT will our liability to customer exceed the purchase price actually paid by the customer.